Grant County Resources
What We DoOne key way Purdue University is engaged in local communities. To citizens of Grant County, this means the local Purdue Extension office is here for you—to be your resource for anything and everything. As Indiana’s land-grant university, Purdue serves Grant County through the staff and resources of the local Purdue Extension office, located on the 4th floor of the Grant County Office Building.
Purdue Extension is:
- An educational source for self-paced students, teachers, and groups.
- A business resource for self-employed people, small businesses, and manufacturers.
- A place where Indiana’s young people become leaders.
- A place where families can learn and grow.
- An agricultural organization that understands consumers.
- A consumer organization that understands agriculture.
- A research and support system for community development.
- An objective source for scientific information.
- A link to research, information, knowledge, and practice.
Hunters have been busy preparing food plots, hanging tree stands and working on their marksmanship skills in hopes for getting that buck of a lifetime. The Indiana deer hunting season for 2021-2022 started September 15th and goes to January 31st...Read More
Upcoming Grant County and State Extension Events
4-H - the largest youth organization in the country! 4-H is a non-formal, educational program which stresses “Learning By Doing”. There are nearly 900 youth from Grant County involved in 4-H! 4-H is for youth in grades 3-12. Mini...
By volunteering with 4-H, you will be using your skills to help kids explore and discover what matters to them, enabling them to make a positive impact today and in the future. You will help them to set goals, foster a sense of belonging and...