Indiana Organic Grain Farmer Meeting
What We Do
Hosted by Purdue Extension, the Indiana Organic Grain Farmer meeting increases participant understanding of organic transition, certification, and cropping systems through peer learning and networking. This annual training includes education and full-day workshops on transitioning to organic grain, breakout sessions, farmer panels, networking time, and an industry trade show. In 2023, the event will be a one-day program rather than a two-day program. Join us on February 22, 2023!
- 92% of respondents reported that they would apply ideas learned during the Day 1 sessions to their farm operation or agricultural business/organization
- 95.8% of participants indicated that they planned to share any relevant information they learned during the Day 1 sessions with other individuals
- 85% of respondents said they planned to use the information they learned on Day 2 to develop or make changes to their organic transition plan or current organic/transition grain production
Expand your knowledge of organic grain farming through breakout sessions, farmer panels, networking with producers and professionals, and an industry trade show.
Topics will cover:
- No-till cereal rye ahead of corn
- Enterprise budgets for organic operations
- Disease update for organic grain production
- Breakouts on organic weed control practices, marketing, and more!
A very good introduction to the certification process. Well-rounded discussion. Seemed to address many of the concerns I hear from farmers who are just starting out as organic.
- Day One Attendee
It was focused on how to be profitable and sustainable. Other meetings I have attended don't care if the farmer is making any money.
- Day Two Attendee
Very good info in the talks/speakers. Great networking opportunities with vendors and attendees.
- Day Two Attendee