Indiana Organic Grain Farmer Meeting
Join us February 28, 2024!
Monday, December 11th, 2024
Hosted by Purdue Extension, the Indiana Organic Grain Farmer meeting increases participant understanding of organic transition, certification, and cropping systems through peer learning and networking. This annual training includes education and full-day workshops on transitioning to organic grain, breakout sessions, farmer panels, networking time, and an industry trade show.
This year's agenda is still under development. See last year's agenda below:
- 92% of respondents reported that they would apply ideas learned to their farm operation or agricultural business/organization
- 95.8% of participants indicated that they planned to share any relevant information they learned with other individuals
- 85% of respondents said they planned to use the information they learned to develop or make changes to their organic transition plan or current organic/transition grain production
Special thanks to NC-SARE for supporting this event!
Expand your knowledge of organic grain farming through breakout sessions, farmer panels, networking with producers and professionals, and an industry trade show.
Topics will cover:
- No-till cereal rye ahead of corn
- Enterprise budgets for organic operations
- Disease update for organic grain production
- Breakouts on organic weed control practices, marketing, and more!
A very good introduction to the certification process. Well-rounded discussion. Seemed to address many of the concerns I hear from farmers who are just starting out as organic.
- Day One Attendee
It was focused on how to be profitable and sustainable. Other meetings I have attended don't care if the farmer is making any money.
- Day Two Attendee
Very good info in the talks/speakers. Great networking opportunities with vendors and attendees.
- Day Two Attendee