About the 4-H Floriculture Project
Learn how to grow healthy plants and flowers and how to design floral arrangements!
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Floriculture Project Manuals
You can learn more about floriculture by completing one of the project activity guides, based on your grade level:
- Floriculture Level A (Grades 3-4)
- Floriculture Level B (Grades 5-6)
- Floriculture Level C (Grades 7-9)
- Floriculture Level D (Grades 10-12)
Project manuals may also be available to purchase at the Marion County Extension office, and older editions of manuals (if available) are free. Contact us to ask about availability!
Keep track of what you learn using a record sheet found on the Indiana 4-H Floriculture project page (scroll down to “Record Sheets”).
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
You can create a project exhibit to showcase what you’ve learned while working on your project. Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County 4-H Showcase. Enter a floral or greenery arrangement, house plant, or poster/notebook showing what you’ve learned.
- Floriculture exhibit guidelines for 4-H members grades 3-12
- Marion County 4-H poster exhibit guidelines and tips
- A reference list must be included with your poster.
- Floriculture Level A Scorecard
- Floriculture Level B/D Scorecard - Flower
- Floriculture Level B/D Scorecard - Plant
- Floriculture Level C Scorecard
- Floriculture Poster/Notebook Scorecard
Advancing to the State Fair
- Yes! Floriculture projects exhibits from 4-H members grades 3-12 are eligible to advance to the State Fair.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- After learning about flowers, Cloverbuds can exhibit one of the following:
- A flower (plant or cut flower) that you grew this year from seed in a simple, unbreakable container.
- A house plant that you cared for.
- A simple flower arrangement using flowers you have grown or purchased.
- A poster or notebook showing the parts of a flower, different types of flowers/herbs, the proper way to plant flowers/herbs, or the life cycle of a flowering plant. A reference list must be included with your poster.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no score cards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.
More Floriculture Project Resources
- See Indiana 4-H’s floriculture project page for more resources.