Jackson County - Gift Wrapping
Youth participating in the gift-wrapping project will learn how to wrap various shaped containers using different wrapping techniques and their own creative themes.
The following PDF document is available in print in the Jackson County Extension Office
- 4-H member must fill out a record sheet to be turned in with the green / white record book.
- Packages wrapped for exhibit should not contain an article.
- Attach to project 4-H-618AW "4-H Craft Information Card" for description of work completed on the project.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can properly be displayed.
- For safety purposes any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon, will be judged but will not be displayed.
exhibit class guidelines
Beginner (Grades 3 - 5)
- Wrap at least 4 square or rectangular boxes during the year.
- You may use a purchased bow while practicing.
- You may use purchased paper.
Exhibit - Creatively wrap a square or rectangle box for exhibit.
intermediate (Grades 6 - 8)
- Wrap at least 6 square, rectangular or cylinder shaped gift boxes during the year.
- Make your own bows.
- Make your own paper or use fabric, newsprint, maps, diapers, sacks or other materials.
Exhibit - Creatively wrap a unique shaped box for exhibit (cylinder, box with lid, etc.)
advanced (Grades 9 - 12)
- Wrap at least 8 gift boxes during the year.
- Make your own paper or use some other wrapping material.
- Be creative and imaginative. Incorporate ideas like flowers, bells, clowns, animals, etc., in your decorations.
- Wrap lid and box separately at least once.
Exhibit - Creatively wrap any box or container of your choosing.
The Grand Champion for this project is eligible to go to the Indiana State Fair for Arts & Crafts. This is a county project, however each 4-H'er must attach to project 4-H-618AW "4-H Craft Information Card" for description of work completed on the project. Find this card by navigating the Indiana state project page for Arts & Crafts.