- Human Services
- Law and Society
- Organizational Leadership and Supervision
- Political Science
- Public Relations and Strategic Communications
- Community Service
- Politics and Public Speaking
The #Adulting 101 resources have been developed for use with Indiana 4-H Junior Leaders. These lessons provide information on some basic skills that youth will need as they enter adulthood. The lessons can be completed as a group or individually. The lessons are numbered, but may be completed in any order.
Click here for a link to the December 2020 Webinar for Jr. Leader Advisors and Jr. Leader Officers.
Click here for a recording of a session designed to introduce the new Jr. Leader resources.
Table of Contents Cover Page
Lesson 1: Wheels, Deals, and Automobiles
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Why Credit Matters
- Take Control of Your Credit Score Brochure (handout)
- Spot the Credit Crisis Activity Sheet (handout)
- Spot the Credit Crisis Answer Key (answer key)
Once you've mastered the basics of responsible credit use, you may also consider how credit card rewards programs can benefit you. But remember, credit is just one small part of your complete financial plan.
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Rock the Vote!
- Matching Voting Steps Activity (handout)
- 2020 Indiana Voter Information Guide (handout)
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Tackling Your Laundry Pile
- Laundry Symbols Cheat Sheet (handout)
- Oh No, Stains! Activity (University of Nebraska handout)
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Schemes, Scams, and Ploys
- Schemes, Scams, and Ploys Graphic Organizer for Activity (handout)
- Schemes, Scams, and Ploys presentation (PPT)
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Medicine 101
- Medicine 101 Vocabulary List (handout)
- Medicine 101 presentation (PPT)
- Medicine Tell Me the Question activity (PPT)
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Understanding Taxes
- Understanding Taxes Paycheck (handout)
- Understanding Taxes IRS 1040 Form (handout)
- Understanding Taxes IRS W-4 Form (handout)
- Example IRS 1040 Form (handout)
- Example IRS W-4 Form (handout)
- Junior Leader Lesson Plan: Become the Iron Chef in Your Kitchen
- Iron Chef Supply List (handout)
- Iron Chef Night (Morgan County handout)
- Iron Chef Needs (Morgan County handout)
A number of Citizenship Resources have been compiled to help teens talk about issues we are experiencing in the world today.
Resources for Advisors who work with 4-H Junior Leader programs are provided here. These resources are designed to help you effectively organize and advise the youth participating in the program.
- Junior Leader Advisor Survival Guide
- Promising Practices for Indiana 4-H Junior Leader Programming
- 4-H Mentor Manual
- 4-H Junior Leader Advisor Role Description
- 4-H Junior Leader Officer Role Descriptions
- Guest Speaker Ideas
Resources to provide a consistent brand to the Indiana 4-H Junior Leader Program are provided here. Included are graphics that can be used in conjunction with the Purdue/Extension/4-H co-branding graphics.
- How to Use the 4-H Junior Leader Brand
- Indiana 4-H Junior Leader Graphics
- 4-H Junior Leader Fillable Lesson Plan Template
- Zoom backgrounds
- Captions for Junior Leader social media posts
- Social media posts
- Purdue Extension co-brands
- Branded Items
- Notebook cover and spine