County Project: Scrapbook
Description: Youth will create a scrapbook using a variety of skills and techniques as well as creativity. All arts and craft exhibits must include a 4-H Craft Information Card, 4-H 618A.
State Fair Entries: Newton County project, but 1 entry will be exhibited as Arts and Crafts, General.
Divisions: Level A (Grades 3 & 4), Level B (Grades 5 & 6), Level C (Grades 7-9), Level D (Grades 10-12).
Exhibit Guidelines: Album with required number of pages made since the last fair according to the guidelines below and in the Scrapbooking Resource Guide.
You must refer to the 4-H Scrapbooking Resource Guide for Basic Guidelines for All Divisions and to correctly complete your project. To learn proper scrapbooking techniques and to understand project guidelines, 4-H members should attend one or more 4-H Scrapbooking workshops.
Each scrapbook level will have a specific number of pages completed for judging:
- Level A (Grades 3 & 4) – Complete 4 pages (2 sheets, A & B Sections from front & back)
- Include 4 different skills or techniques from the Skills Card
- Level B (Grades 5 & 6) – Complete 6 pages (3 sheets, A & B Sections from front & back)
- Include 6 different skills or techniques from the Skills Card
- Level C (Grades 7-9) – Complete 8 pages (4 sheets, C & D Sections from front & back)
- (Include 8 different skills or techniques from the Skills Card
- Level D (Grades 10-12) – Complete 10 pages (5 sheets, C & D Sections from front & back)
- (Include 10 different skills or techniques) from the Skills Card
- Complete the Scrapbook Skills Card by checking the skills/techniques used in your scrapbook. Also on the Skills Card, be sure to list the page numbers you wish to be judged this year. Leave a blank page covered with a page protector at the end of your completed pages and insert the Skills Card there. The completed scorecard will be added after judging. No separate label attached with string is necessary.