About the 4-H Sports Project
Explore your interests in a variety of different sports! Sports can include tennis, soccer, hockey, golf, bowling, and more. Learn all about safety, equipment, and the value of exercise.
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Sports Project Resources
- Ask your 4-H club leader and/or a trusted adult to help you research your chosen sports topic both online and using books at the library.
- A good place to start may be NCAA.com where you can read about the many official college sports (and the NCAA is headquartered in Indianapolis)!
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
You can create a project exhibit poster to showcase what you learned about your sport. Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County 4-H Showcase.
- Research and create a poster to teach others about a sports topic. Ideas include, but are not limited to: Safety rules for a sport, equipment needed for a specific sport, fundamental skills to develop to excel at a certain sport, or the exercise value of participating in a sport.
- A reference list must be included with your poster or notebook.
- Marion County 4-H poster exhibit guidelines and tips
Advancing to the State Fair
- No, sports is a county-only project and only eligible for exhibition at the Marion County Showcase.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- Choose any topic or title you like to create a poster or notebook. Examples include, but are not limited to: baseball fielding positions, parts of a soccer field, your experience with t-ball, etc. A reference list must be included with your poster or notebook.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no score cards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.