About the 4-H Model Craft Project
Express your creativity by creating small-scale models, such as planes, cars, trains, and more!
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Model Craft Project Resources
- Arts and crafts workshops are held frequently in Marion County. Keep an eye on Clover News for announcements!
- Ask your club leader or other caring adult you know for help.
- See Indiana 4-H’s Arts & Crafts project page for more ideas.
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County 4-H Showcase. You may enter as many projects as you want, but consider which of your pieces you are most proud of and want to showcase. Create and exhibit age/grade-appropriate artwork.
- Model craft project exhibit guidelines for 4-H members grades 3-12
- All arts and crafts entered must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached.
- Exhibits must be a small-scale replica made of injected styrene plastics with approximately 25% of the surface painted. Wood, paper, clay die-cast, or snap together models are not permitted. Screws and pre-painted or pre-decaled factory models are not permitted.
- Exhibits made from building blocks (Legos) are not permitted. Legos are not considered models and are to be exhibited under the Construction & Architectural Replica project.
- If the model is being built from a kit, include a copy of the instructions with the information card. Original instructions should be kept by the exhibitor in a safe location at home.
- If multiple pieces make up your exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached so the total exhibit can be displayed.
- For safety purposes, any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.
- Model Craft Score Card. Judges evaluating exhibits recognize individual differences and creativity and use the score card as a guide rather than a requirement.
Advancing to the State Fair
- Yes! Model craft project exhibits from 4-H members grades 3 and up may advance to the State Fair.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- Cloverbud 4-H members can create and enter any piece of art or craft, with a limit of four entries total in any of the categories.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no scorecards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.