About the 4-H Model Craft Project
Express your creativity by creating small-scale models, such as planes, cars, trains, and more!
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Model Craft Project Resources
- Arts and crafts workshops are held frequently in Marion County. Keep an eye on Clover News for announcements!
- Ask your club leader or other caring adult you know for help.
- See Indiana 4-H’s Arts & Crafts project page for more ideas.
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County Showcase. You may enter as many projects as you want, but consider which of your pieces you are most proud of and want to showcase. Create and exhibit age/grade-appropriate artwork.
- Model craft project exhibit guidelines for 4-H members grades 3-12
- All arts and crafts entered must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached.
- Exhibits must be a small-scale replica made of injected styrene plastics with approximately 25% of the surface painted. Wood, paper, clay die-cast, or snap together models are not permitted. Screws and pre-painted or pre-decaled factory models are not permitted.
- Exhibits made from building blocks (Legos) are not permitted. Legos are not considered models and are to be exhibited under the Construction & Architectural Replica project.
- If the model is being built from a kit, include a copy of the instructions with the information card. Original instructions should be kept by the exhibitor in a safe location at home.
- If multiple pieces make up your exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached so the total exhibit can be displayed.
- For safety purposes, any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.
- Model Craft Score Card. Judges evaluating exhibits recognize individual differences and creativity and use the score card as a guide rather than a requirement.
Advancing to the State Fair
- Yes! Model craft project exhibits from 4-H members grades 3 and up may advance to the State Fair.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- Cloverbud 4-H members can create and enter any piece of art or craft, with a limit of four entries total in any of the categories.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no scorecards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.