About the 4-H Aerospace Project
Learn all about the principles of flight through hands-on activities like building and launching a model rocket! Learn about model rocket construction, model rocket safety, and more while developing life skills such as decision-making, using science and technology, and communication skills.
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Aerospace Project Manuals
You can learn more about aerospace by completing one of the project activity guides, based on your grade level:
- Aerospace 1: Pre-Flight Exploring (Grades K-2)
- Aerospace 2: Lift-Off (Grades 3-5)
- Aerospace 3: Reaching New Heights (Grades 6-8)
- Aerospace 4: Pilot in Command (Grades 9-12)
- Aerospace Group Activity Helper's Guide
Project manuals may also be available to purchase at the Marion County Extension office, and older editions of manuals (if available) are free. Contact us to ask about availability!
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
You can create a project exhibit to showcase what you’ve learned while working your project. Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County Showcase.
- Aerospace project exhibit guidelines for 4-H members grades 3-12
- Marion County 4-H poster exhibit guidelines and tips
- A reference list must be included with your poster or notebook.
- Aerospace Poster & Display Board Score Card
- Aerospace/Rocketry Score Card
- Drone or Remote-Controlled Aviation Flight Score Card (Beginner)
- Drone or Remote-Controlled Aviation Flight Score Card (Intermediate)
- Drone or Remote-Controlled Aviation Flight Score Card (Advanced)
Advancing to the State Fair
- Yes! Aerospace project exhibits from 4-H members grades 3 and up may advance to the State Fair.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- Aerospace 1 (Grades K-2): Pre-Flight Exploring
- Purdue's Mini 4-H Space Manual. In this project activity guide, learn about stars, constellations, and what it's like to explore space. Find out about training to be an astronaut and, if you dare, fly your own shuttle.
- Cloverbud 4-H members can exhibit a poster, notebook, or model illustrating information you have learned this year exploring space, air travel, flight, planets, and stars.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no scorecards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.
More Aerospace Project Resources
- See Indiana 4-H’s aerospace project page for more resources.