Why belong to an extension Homemaker club?
There's a real beauty in belonging to an Extension Homemaker Club. In your club you will meet women who are a lot like you. They are concerned about their families, have similar lifestyles, and encounter similar situations.
Clubs meet monthly to learn more about their home and community and to have a good time with each other. Some clubs take trips and participate in community service activities. All clubs have a good time and meet new people.
Your club will give you a chance to share ideas with these women. And by sharing your time and efforts with them, everyone learns. Sound fun and inspiring? It is!
But needless to say, the more sincere your effort and the more you invest in your club, the more you'll gain from it. So be a club investor – and reap the many benefits your club has to offer.
Learn about the clubs in your area! Contact the Extension Office at 574-533-0554.
Opportunities for you!
- The Elkhart County Extension Homemakers provide 8-10 educational programs throughout the year.
- These lessons are free and open to the general public.
- Download a copy of the upcoming programs for the 2021-22 club year here.
- Interested in attending? Please call the Extension Office at 574-533-0554 or email email@example.com to register.
Heritage Skills Classes
The Heritage Skills classes provide half-day and full-day classes to learn and appreciate family heritage and heirloom skills. This is an annual event scheduled on a Saturday in February/March. To view or download a copy of the Heritage Skills class descriptions and a registration form, click here (coming soon!).
Award-Winning Cookbooks for sale - $5
Over 700 award winning recipes from the Elkhart County 4-H Fair Open Class. Only $5 at the Purdue Extension Elkhart County office located on the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds in Goshen Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. Cash and checks accepted.
For our extension Homemakers
Not all forms are available year-round. Call the Extension Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Click a subject below to view more information
- 2022 Elko Retreat Agenda/Information & Registration
- Heritage Skills Class Information (2021-22 Club Year)
- Heritage Skills Registration (2021-22 Club Year)
- Hostessing and Craft/Needlework Demonstrations
- Letter to Clubs
- Hostess Schedule (updated weekly with availability)
- Craft & Needlework Demonstrations
- Educational Booths
- Booth Information for Clubs
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Show Instructions and Registration Form
- HFA Open Class Booklet