Whitley County 4-H
Welcome to Whitley County 4-H!
4-H began over 100 years ago, and has since grown into the largest youth development program in the nation. 4-H prepares young people to be leaders in their community and around the world through hands-on experiences alongside their peers and caring adults. Backed by a network of more than 6 million youth, 540,000 adult volunteers, 3,500 professionals, and more than 60 million alumni; 4-H delivers research-based programming around positive youth development. 4-H is delivered through America's 109 land-grant universities and the Cooperative Extension Service—reaching every corner of our nation. In Indiana, 4-H can be found in all 92 counties as delivered through Purdue Extension. Community clubs, afterschool programs, school enrichment, camps/workshops, and special interest programs are all ways youth across Indiana can be involved with the 4-H program.
4-H ENROLLMENT BEGINS OCTOBER 1, 2023
Click the logo to go the the Indiana 4-H Online website to enroll in the 4-h program or mini 4-h program!
you must use a computer/laptop and google chrome to enroll
WHAT IS 4-H?
4-H is a “learning by doing”, volunteer led, family-oriented program.
4-H is for youth in third through grade twelve. Mini 4-H is for youth in kindergarten through second grade.
4-H is for all youth, regardless of where they live.
4-H helps young people develop life skills. A life skill is an ability that one can use in everyday life. The basic life skills are:
- Developing an inquiring mind.
- Setting goals and making decisions.
- Relating to other people.
- Developing a concern for the community.
- Developing leadership skills.
- The 4-H MOTTO: “To make the best better.”
- EMBLEM: A four-leaf clover with the letter “H” on each leaf. The “H” stands for Head, Heart, Hands and Health.
- COLORS: The 4-H colors are green and white. Green symbolizes nature’s most common color. Green represents life, springtime, and youth. White symbolizes purity.
THE 4-H PLEDGE
I pledge my head to clearer thinking
My heart to greater loyalty
My hands to larger service, and
My health to better living
For my club, my community, my country, and my world.
More than 7 million boys and girls are 4-H members throughout the United States. In Indiana, there are over 300,000 boys and girls who are 4-H members.
A new 4-H year in Whitley County starts October 1st of each year and ends September 30th.
Purdue Extension Whitley County Office
524 Branch Court
Columbia City, IN 46725
(260) 244-7615 or (260) 625-3313