EXHIBIT: This is a list of project activities that can be shown at the Newton County Punkin’ Vine Fair. Pick a project activity you would like to try from the list below. This exhibit can be displayed in various ways such as on a 22” X 28” poster board (see the “4-H Poster and Notebook Requirements” section for more information), scrapbook, project activities, etc.Make a poster or a group mural of space. Be sure to include some constellations.Make a project activity as a group and take it to the fair to show the kinds of things your group has been doing.
- Make a scrapbook of pictures showing your group having fun while making the project activities in this manual.
- Draw a picture of the ways your favorite tree looks in each of the four seasons.
- Make a collage of pictures cut from magazines. Show as many different kinds of trees as you can find. See if you can find at least one picture of a tree with an unusual shape.
- Take a walk in a local park. Collect things that have fallen from trees onto the ground. Make a tree shaped poster and glue all the things you found onto the poster. Be sure to match the items with the part of the tree where they are found.
- Make a leaf rubbings book using 5 leaves you find that you think are interesting. To make the leaf rubbings, place each leaf on a flat surface with the vein side up. Next, place a piece of paper over the leaf and use the side of a crayon to rub color over it. Label each page with the leaf name.