Mini Horse & Pony
EXHIBIT: 2nd Grade: One horse or pony or one 22” x 28” poster with 5 pictures that include you and your animal and/or a related topic. Examples include: housing, feeding, care, showmanship, etc. See the “4-H Poster and Notebook Requirements” section for more information.
- All horses and ponies must be owned or leased by 4-Her or family member (no stallions) by May 15 of current year.
- Mini 4-H members exhibiting horses must wear ASTM or SEI standard F1163 (or above) certified helmets whenever mounted. The parent/guardian is responsible to see that this specified headgear is properly fitted with the approved harness in place and fastened whenever a rider is mounted or driving. Original tags must be present in all approved helmets.
- The Mini 4-Her will learn about the care, housing, health, feeding and grooming of a horse.
- Mini member should attend at least 1 county Horse & Pony event (a meeting or a clinic).
- The following classes are available:
- Costume Class
- Western Pleasure
- Pole Bending
- Mini Classes will be conducted at the county fair with the 4-H Horse and Pony Show (specific times will be announced). Classes offered to 2nd grade mini 4-Her’s are subject to change.
- Suitable attire must be worn in all classes (including boots and helmet).
- All health requirements for horse and pony will apply.
- Mini Horse and Pony animals must be in place (stall) by 8:00 a.m. on day of show and will be released following the show (but can remain at the fairgrounds if the 4-Her chooses).
- A mini 4-H liability Release form must be completed and returned to the extension office before the start of the show.