EXHIBIT: This is a list of project activities that can be shown at the Newton County Punkin’ Vine Fair. Pick a project activity you would like to try from the list below. This exhibit can be displayed in various ways such as on a 22” X 28” poster board (see the “4-H Poster and Notebook Requirements” section for more information), scrapbook, project activities, etc.
- Collect and exhibit 5 items or 5 pairs of items. If you take a collection to the fair more than one year, add 5 more articles to your collection each year.
- These articles can be rocks, coins, insects, salt and pepper shakers, pencils, or any kind of fun collection.
- Attach a card that tells what you are collecting and why you collected the items.
- Go to a museum and look around at the collection of things.
- Draw a picture of the collection you liked best.
- Try to find out why museums collect stuff. List some things that they collect.
- Ask someone who works at a museum how they get things for their collections.
- What is the most unusual collection you saw:
- (If a museum is not in your home area, try the library.)
- Talk to family and friends. Ask them what they like to collect and why they like to collect it. Then make a chart to show your information.
- Make a project activity as a group and take it to the fair to show the kinds of things your group has been doing.
- Make a scrapbook of pictures showing your group having fun while making the project activities in this manual.