EXHIBIT: 2nd Grade: One feeder calf or one 22” x 28” poster with 5 pictures that include you and your animal and/or a related topic. Examples include: housing, feeding, care, showmanship, etc. See the “4-H Poster and Notebook Requirements” section for more information.
- Calves must be born after January 1 of the current year.
- Animals over 300lbs a parent/guardian needs to be in control of the animal.
- Members will be expected to bring back the same calf for regular competition at next year’s fair.
- Calves must be broken to lead and show stick trained.
- Calves will be shown to enable the member and the calf to gain show experience.
- All health regulations for 4-H Beef Show apply.
- All entries will show together.
- An animal enrolled by only the mini 4-H member, may be released immediately following the show.
- Mini members may show a prospect animal (beef) that belongs to another member of their immediate family as long as that animal is properly enrolled at the county fair. The animal must stay the entire fair.
- A mini 4-H liability Release form must be completed and returned to the extension office before the start of the show.