County Project: Sports and Fitness
Description: Learn more about your favorite sport or athlete and make a poster. Fill it with fun facts, pictures, and anything else that you find that is interesting about that sport. Like old sports, look one up and do a project on that! . See the “4-H Poster and Notebook Requirements” section for more information.
State Fair Entries: None
Exhibit Guidelines:Level A (grades 3-4). Choose one:
- Exhibit a poster of a sport. May include conditioning required, equipment needed and pictures or drawings of the sport.
- Exhibit a poster of a sport. Explain safety issues and equipment or rules used for safety, fitness requirements, and pictures or drawings of this sport.
- Level B (grades 5-6), choose one:
- Exhibit a poster on history of a sport. May include historical rule changes, historical figures, etc. Can be same sport as previous years.
- Exhibit a poster about a famous person in a sport.
- Exhibit a poster on your participation in a sport. Include pictures and explain how this sport has affected your life. Include conditioning requirements.
- Exhibit a poster on a famous person currently in a sport. May include statistics, honors, team affiliations, pictures or drawings of this person, names of figures in the past who played this position, etc. Must be a different person from previous years.
- Exhibit a poster on a person who invented a sport. Include pictures if possible.
- Exhibit a poster on the lifestyle an athlete should maintain to remain competitive. May include topics such as nutrition, conditioning, drug abuse, etc.
- Exhibit a poster on a present or past sports figure and a description of his/her career. Must be a different person and sport each year.
- Exhibit a poster on a major rule change for a sport from an elementary to professional level, e.g. Little League to professional baseball.