About the 4-H Needle Craft Project
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Needle Craft Project Resources
- Arts and crafts workshops are held frequently in Marion County. Keep an eye on Clover News for announcements!
- Ask your club leader or other caring adult you know for help.
- See Indiana 4-H’s arts and crafts project page for more ideas.
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County 4-H Showcase. You may enter as many projects as you want, but consider which of your pieces you are most proud of and want to showcase. Create and exhibit age/grade-appropriate artwork.
- Needle craft project exhibit guidelines for 4-H members grades 3-12
- All arts and crafts entered must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached.
- Needle craft does not include latch hook, plastic canvas, machine knitting, machine quilting (see sewing), or arm knitting/crocheting.
- If multiple pieces make up your exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached so the total exhibit can be displayed.
- Needle Craft Score Card. Judges evaluating exhibits recognize individual differences and creativity and use the score card as a guide rather than a requirement.
Advancing to the State Fair
- Yes! Needle craft project exhibits from 4-H members grades 3 and up may advance to the State Fair.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- Cloverbud 4-H members can create and enter any piece of art or craft, with a limit of four entries total in any of the categories.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no score cards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.