Johnson County HHS - Health & Human Sciences
Welcome to the Johnson County Health & Human Sciences webpage! I am Amanda Veenhuizen and I serve as the Health & Human Sciences Extension Educator here in Johnson County.
Purdue Extension Health and Human Sciences provides education to people of all ages in Indiana’s 92 counties. The community is our classroom — where we bring university information to the local level and help people strengthen families, spend smart, eat right, and live well.
The four pillars Health & Human Sciences focuses on are:
Some of my programming efforts include:
- Captain Cash- an interactive educational program designed to teach basic financial management skills to third grade students. This dynamic curriculum was designed to address the following issues:
- Money behaviors observed and learned in childhood impact adult behaviors.
- Money management messages that children process in the home, the community, on television, and via other media shape their values, attitudes and future money habits.
- Individuals and families are not able to respond to economic disruptions because they have not learned critical money management concepts and skills.
- Where Does Your Money Go?: program designed to help consumers better understand how they spend their money. This two-part program can be taught over the course of a few days, weeks or even 30 days in between lessons to allow consumers to track their expenses over time.
- Decluttering/Simplify Your Life Programs
- Block Party: designed for parents and caregivers of children from 8 months to 8 years of age, childcare providers.
- Food Budgeting and Meal Planning
- Staying Scam Safe
- Sleep-Why It Matters
- Physical Activity Programs
- Much more!
For a list of more of our statewide program opportunities, you can visit our State HHS Website: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/extension
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a program with me, feel free to call the office at (317) 736-3724 or email email@example.com.
Health & Human Sciences Educator
484 N. Morton Street
Franklin, IN 46131
Food Preservation Workshop
Purdue Extension Mastering Home Food Preservation instructors are offering 8 statewide workshops this summer on the basics of safe home food preservation. Join us to learn the basics of boil water bath and pressure canning, receive hands on practice and take home preserved product. Registration is $50. Class size is limited, sign up now at https://cvent.me/kagOyz
For questions or special accommodations contact Monica Nagele 765-364-6363.