Johnson County HHS - Health & Human Sciences
Welcome to the Johnson County Health & Human Sciences webpage! We are currently searching for a new Health & Human Sciences Extension Educator here in Johnson County.
Purdue Extension Health and Human Sciences provides education to people of all ages in Indiana’s 92 counties. The community is our classroom — where we bring university information to the local level and help people strengthen families, spend smart, eat right, and live well.
The four pillars Health & Human Sciences focuses on are:
Some of our programming efforts include:
- Captain Cash- an interactive educational program designed to teach basic financial management skills to third grade students. This dynamic curriculum was designed to address the following issues:
- Money behaviors observed and learned in childhood impact adult behaviors.
- Money management messages that children process in the home, the community, on television, and via other media shape their values, attitudes and future money habits.
- Individuals and families are not able to respond to economic disruptions because they have not learned critical money management concepts and skills.
- Where Does Your Money Go?: program designed to help consumers better understand how they spend their money. This two-part program can be taught over the course of a few days, weeks or even 30 days in between lessons to allow consumers to track their expenses over time.
- Decluttering/Simplify Your Life Programs
- Block Party: designed for parents and caregivers of children from 8 months to 8 years of age, childcare providers.
- Food Budgeting and Meal Planning
- Staying Scam Safe
- Sleep-Why It Matters
- Physical Activity Programs
- Much more!
For a list of more of our statewide program opportunities, you can visit our State HHS Website: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/extension
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a program, feel free to call the office at (317) 736-3724.
Health & Human Sciences Educator
484 N. Morton Street
Franklin, IN 46131