COLLECTIONS (County Only)
Just about everyone collects something. Why not turn your collection into a 4‑H project? Collections can range from baseball cards to pencils, matchbox cars to matchbook covers ‑ anything you collect!
- ALL completed record sheets and manuals/activity books must be turned in to the 4‑H Club leader by July 8, and must be securely attached in the green “Indiana 4‑H Club Member's Record Book.”
- It should go without saying that the collection must be owned by the 4-H’er, and may not be “borrowed” from someone else.
- In all divisions, if the collection is too large or valuable to exhibit, a notebook containing photos and descriptions of your collection can be exhibited with, or in place of, your collection.
- Collection may be taken home after judging IF a collection of photos in album form (3-ring binder, etc.) is left in its place. Collections must be signed out by 4-H'er at the office. Photo quality will not be judged, but they should be clear, sharp photos if possible. NOTE: All photos should be neatly arranged, labeled, and mounted in a notebook with the completed “My Record of Purchases” page included.
- Collections may not contain alcohol, profanity, living plants or animals, or any type of weapon.
- “Record of Purchases” and “My Story” pages must be exhibited with the collection.
- NO WEAPONS ALLOWED – Knives, swords, etc. will be judged but not displayed for safety and liability reasons.
Manual: Jasper County Collections
- Beginner (Grades 3-5)
Exhibit: a portion or example of the collection not to exceed 2' x 3' x 3' High. Include your "Record of Purchases" and "Story" with your complete exhibit.
- Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
Exhibit: a new collection, or a continuation of your Beginner collection. The exhibit must not exceed 2' x 3' x 3' High. Include your "Record of Purchases" and "Story" with your complete exhibit.
- Advanced (Grades 9-12)
Exhibit: a new collection or a continuation of the previous division. The exhibit must not exceed 3' x 3' x 4' High. Include your "Record of Purchases" and "Story" with your complete exhibit.