In the Indiana 4-H Youth Development program, we offer a few avenues to learn and build skills on communications with others. The following verbal communication events and activities are offered to 4-H members as a way to teach presentation and public speaking skill development. They are often used in 4-H meetings, and a county 4-H youth development program may choose to offer these as competitive events. Demonstration, informative presentation, professional persuasive presentation and public speaking are competitive events. Refer to the Indiana State Fair 4-H handbook for the date, time, and location of each event. Check with your county extension educator for information about entering these events and activities.
- Informative 4-H Presentation
- Professional Persuasive Presentation
- Public Speaking
- Agricultural Communication
- Communication (General)
- Corporate Communication
- Mass Communication
- Public Relations and Strategic Communication
- Writing and Mass Communication
- Politics and Public Speaking
- Demonstration Scorecard (Junior), 4-H 306J-W
- Public Speaking Scorecard (Junior), 4-H 708J-W
- Professional Persuasive Presentation Scorecard (Junior), 4-H 307J-W
- Informative 4-H Presentation Scorecard (Junior), 4-H 308J-W
Part 1: This video is designed to help youth better understand how to develop a demonstration or speech. Part 1 focuses on selecting a topic and writing content.
Part 2: This is the second of a two part series regarding the 4-H verbal communication events. Part 2 addresses delivery, voice, visual aids, and other presentation skills.