The Health and Human Sciences (HHS) program provides education to help individuals in Whitley County improve their dimensions of wellness. Brittney Schori, HHS Educator brings research-based information to meet the needs in the community. She offers both in person and online workshops to help the community strengthen their relationships, eat smart, improve their health, and achieve financial wellness.
- For upcoming class offerings, please call Brittney at the Purdue Extension Office.
Brittney also has taken initiative to start a community needs task force in Whitley County. This task force is called CHAMPS (Community Health Advisory Members Providing Solutions). Anyone in the community can attend meetings and become a member.
- The mission of CHAMPS is to improve the quality of life for community residents by supporting agency collaboration.
- Our vision is to create opportunities for all residents to thrive by providing awareness of and access to quality programs and resources.
Those on CHAMPS have been working with Brittney to identify needs within the community and provide snipets of education. Below you will find educational FACTSHEETS. For more information about CHAMPS, contact Brittney.
Brittney Schori, BS, MPH
Whitley County Health & Human Sciences Extension Educator
Address: 524 Branch Court, Columbia City, Indiana 46725
Phone: 260-244-7615E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAMPS Monthly Factsheets
- Once per month a factsheet will be created and then posted. Needs within the community have been identified by CHAMPS and the factsheets reflect the needs identified.
- The goal of these factsheets is to help strengthen relationships, eat smart, improve health, and achieve financial wellness!
Other helpful factsheets: Internet Safety for Youth (Spanish), Food Labeling 101, How to Create a Food Budget, Scam Safety, Budgeting & Spending Leaks, Internet Safety for Youth series 1, Internet Safety for Youth series 2, Internet Safety for Youth series 3, How to Build a Better Breakfast
*If you have suggestions on topics for future factsheets, please scan the QR code on the back of the factsheet and submit the survey! -Thank you!