ANR IN KNOX COUNTY
Programs typically offered in Knox County include hands-on, virtual, or classroom style classes for all ages. Topics include agriculture production, marketing, risk management, and economics. Agriculture technology specifically focused around using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (drones). Introductory and advanced gardening topics, including the Master Gardener program. Natural Resource topics include land use, wildlife, invasive/native species, and conservation. All programs can be tailored to meet the needs of the group, so feel free to call and we can discuss additional topics.
WHAT IS AGRICULTURE & NATURAL RESOURCES?
Agriculture and Natural Resource Extension (ANR) Educators serve as research based, unbiased information source for county and state constituents on a variety of topics including: crops, ag business, livestock, natural resource, horticulture, small farms, urban ag, pesticide use, and land conservation.
OUR TEAM & CONTACT US
- Valerie Clingerman, ANR Extension Educator, email@example.com
- Kim King, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- JoAnn Smith, Office Secretary Part-Time, email@example.com
- Call us at 812-812-882-3509
- Or visit our office Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/PurdueExtKnoxCoANRIf you want to get monthly updates about programs being offered locally, email Valerie to be added to her e-newsletter. (Your information will not be shared)
CALENDAR & IMPORTANT EVENTS
November 2-Knox County PARP/CCH https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/recertification-parp/parp-events/knox-county-parp-9/
November 2-Daviess County PARP/CCH https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/recertification-parp/parp-events/daviess-county-parp-7/
November 3-Pike County PARP/CCH https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/recertification-parp/parp-events/pike-county-parp-7/
November 3-Martin county PARP/CCH https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/recertification-parp/parp-events/martin-county-parp-6/
November 5-Dubois County PARP/CCH https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/recertification-parp/parp-events/dubois-county-parp/
December 9-Knox County Agriculture Outlook Breakfast and PARP/CCH @Knights of Columbus, Vincennes @ 7:30am-noon. RSVP by calling 812-882-3509 https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/recertification-parp/parp-events/knox-county-parp-10/
Interested in learning more about Master Gardeners and how to become a Master Gardener? See resources below.
- What is the Purdue Master Gardener Program? Visit: https://www.purdue.edu/hla/sites/master-gardener/the-purdue-master-gardener-program/
- Upcoming Basic Training Thursdays Jan. 19 - Apr. 27, 2023: Visit: Extension-News:county/knox/knoxdaviess2023.pdf
- 2023 Knox/Daviess County Master Gardener Application: Visit: Extension-News:county/knox/2023applicationpacket32.pdf
- 2023 Master Gardener Scholarship Application : Visit: Extension-News:county/knox/_docs/ggmg22_schlrshpappl.finalized.pdf
- Purdue Extension Master Gardener Policy Guide: Visit: https://extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/mg/mg-5-w.pdf
- Contact the Extension Office for additional questions: 812-882-3509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT MASTER GARDENERS
- Guardians of the Garden Master Gardeners Facebook Page:
- Citizen Science Volunteer Projects:
- Education hours opportunities:
- Report your hours here:
- Additional resources:
- Master Gardener Program Policy Guide