For more information on poultry health requirements, call the Indiana State Board of Animal Health at (317) 544-2400 or visit BOAH’s website at http://www.in.gov/boah/species-information/avianbirds/
Indiana defines poultry as: chickens, turkeys, ostriches, emus, rheas, cassowaries, waterfowl (domesticated fowl that normally swim, such as ducks, geese, and swans), and game birds (domesticated fowl such as pheasants, pea fowl, partridge, quail, grouse, and guineas) but NOT doves and pigeons.
SEE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL SPECIES
- Identification – No individual identification is required on any poultry for exhibition in Indiana.
- Testing: All poultry presented for exhibition, except waterfowl, must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Test negative for pullorum-typhoid within 90 days prior to the date of the exhibition.
- Hatched from eggs that originate from certified NPIP pullorum-typhoid clean parent flock.
- Originate from a flock that is certified NPIP pullorum-typhoid clean.
Purdue Extension Dubois County
1482 Executive Blvd.
Jasper, IN 47546
Lauren Fenneman, Assistant Youth Educator