For more information on poultry health requirements, call the Indiana State Board of Animal Health at (317) 544-2400 or visit BOAH’s website at http://www.in.gov/boah/species-information/avianbirds/
Indiana defines poultry as: chickens, turkeys, ostriches, emus, rheas, cassowaries, waterfowl (domesticated fowl that normally swim, such as ducks, geese, and swans), and game birds (domesticated fowl such as pheasants, pea fowl, partridge, quail, grouse, and guineas).
- SEE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL SPECIES
- Identification – No individual identification is required on any poultry for exhibition in Indiana.
All poultry presented for exhibition, except waterfowl, must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Test negative for pullorum-typhoid within 90 days prior to the date of the exhibition.
- Hatched from eggs that originate from certified NPIP pullorum-typhoid clean parent flock.
- Originate from a flock that is certified NPIP pullorum-typhoid clean.
Purdue Extension Dubois County
1482 Executive Blvd.
Jasper, IN 47546
Lauren Fenneman, Assistant Youth Educator