What is in it for me?
The gardening project introduces youth to vegetable gardening. The Gardening project is divided into four different levels:
- Level A: See Them Sprout (3rd and 4th grades)
- Level B: Let's Get Growing ( 5th and 6th grades)
- Level C: Take Your Pick (7th-9th grades)
- Level D: Growing Profits (10th-12th grades)
What can I learn?
You will learn about planning a vegetable garden, planting, fertilizing, different vegetable pests, harvesting, storage techniques and careers.
- Crop Science
- Environmental Studies
- Food Science
- Horticulture Science
- Plant Genetics, Breeding, and Biotechnology
- Soil and Water Sciences
- Sustainable Food and Farming Systems
- Plant Science
- Environment and Ecology