The 4-H Horse and Pony Project provides youth a fun and hands-on learning experience that develops life skills, as well as teaches valuable information about properly caring for their animal. Subjects such as general management, training, nutrition, housing, and health care are presented in the curricular materials, through workshops and activities such as horse bowl, Hippology and judging, and in preparation of an exhibit. Youth also have the opportunity to develop responsibility, decision-making, nurturing, and communication skills through active participation in the 4-H Horse and Pony Project.
- 2020 Indiana 4-H Horse and Pony Handbook, Print Version Valid in 2022
- 2020 Indiana 4-H Horse and Pony Handbook, PDF Version Valid in 2022
- Equine Body Condition Scoring Poster
- Riding Your First Dressage Test
- Equine Science: Basic Knowledge for Horse People of All Ages