The educational 4-H Dairy program and related activities (such as workshops and tours) provide youth a fun and hands-on learning experience which develops both dairy subject skills (such as nutrition, housing, and healthcare) and life skills (such as responsibility, decision-making, nurturing, and communications) under the direction of caring adults.
IMPORTANT: The Dairy HEIFER Record Sheets are used only for Dairy animals used for milking. The Dairy Starter Calves and Dairy Finished Steers will use the BEEF Record Sheets - SEE BEEF PROJECT FOR GRADE RECORD SHEETS.
4-H members (Grades 3 – 12) must identify all Beef and Dairy Cattle in the 4HOnline system by the species deadline or earlier county deadline if applicable* to be eligible for exhibition. Login to your family profile at https://in.4honline.com for Dairy Cattle Identification Instructions.
- All Dairy members must be YQCA certified to exhibit
- Beef Heifers, Beef/Dairy Feeder Calves, Dairy Cattle must be entered into 4HOnline no later than May 15 at in.4honline.com
- Beef and Dairy Beef Steers must be entered into 4HOnline no later than April 1 at in.4honline.com
- All Beef and Dairy Beef Animals except Registered Heifers must be present at the County Tagging and weighing day before being identified in 4HOnline. Registered Heifer exhibitors should contact the Purdue Extension Office in your county of 4-H enrollment to determine if the animal must be brought to the Tagging/Weigh-In.
- All Dairy Beef exhibiting at the State Fair must have DNA hair samples turned into the Extension Office by the indicated dates:
- Steer DNA hair samples are due by April 1.
- All Dairy exhibiting at the Pulaski County Fair must be declared by June 20 at pulaskicountyin.fairentry.com
Pulaski County Steer Weigh-In/Tagging- January 27, 2018, at the Pulaski County Fairgrounds from 9 am -11 am
Pulaski County Starter Calf Weigh-In/Tagging- May 5, 2018, at the Pulaski County Fairgrounds from 8 am - 10 am
Please see related files below for the Pulaski County 4-H Dairy Project