- Provide quick response to emergency situations
- Maintain surveillance from a safe distance
- Improve efficiencyduring search and rescue or man-hunt missions
- Identify hot spotsin fires
- Assist in hazardous materials situations
- Finding public funding for emergency equipment
- Developing licensing and training opportunities to meet FAA requirements
- Case law is very new for UAV usage
Public Safety Examples
Finding people in an emergency situation can be difficult, especially at night. This picture...
Drones allow a police officer to operate in a safer environment by observing persons of interest...
As part of Fred Whitford’s new railroad safety topic, presented at field days and to Purdue...
Police officers can use a drone to look for people inside a building in active shooter or hostage...