Shelby County Mini 4-H
Mini 4-H is a program designed to encourage positive development of children, Kindergarten through second grade. The goal of Mini 4-H is to help young children explore friendships outside the family; explore the way in which things work; practice both small and large muscle control; and think about the ways people work together on projects.
The NON-COMPETITIVE learning environment for Mini 4-H includes:
- Planned learning activities in which children are invited to be active and explore materials and ideas without the pressure of completing a specific product or exhibit.
- Low adult/leader to child ratio that allows time for adults/leaders to provide individual, positive encouragement and assistance.
- Simple, interesting activities that are fun.
- Encouragement of children to participate in a group activity by sharing and or displaying their activity projects.
- Rewards that are identical and/or ribbons of the same color for everyone.
20 W Polk Street, Suite 201
Shelbyville, IN 46176
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed on County Holidays
Bailey York, 4-H Youth Educator
Cindy Kuhn, 4-H Program Assistant
Natalie Russell, 4-H Secretary
Mini 4-H Meetings 2024
Mini 4-H Workshop: Barnyard Animal Theme
February 8, 2024 beginning at 6 p.m. in the Family Arts Building at the Shelby County Fairgrounds
Mini 4-H Workshop: Under the Sea Theme
March 7, 2024 beginning at 6 p.m. in the Family Arts Building at the Shelby County Fairgrounds
Mini 4-H Workshop: Tadpole to Frog Theme
April 4, 2024 beginning at 6 p.m. in the Family Arts Building at the Shelby County Fairgrounds