Lawrence County Cattlemen's Association
What We Do
The members of the Lawrence County Cattleman's Association are an active part of our community. These men and women volunteer their time to spread awareness and promote the cattle industry within our county.
The purpose of this organization is to promote profitable production for quality beef, sponsor educational projects and demonstrations for the cattlemen of Lawrence County, and promote cooperative marketing of Lawrence County Cattle. They strive to develop leadership and unity of purpose among cattlemen and encourage participation of members throughout State and National Cattlemen organizations.
LCCA Board Members
Buddy Scherschel, Chairman
Scott Hoffman, Treasurer
Logan O'Brien, Secretary
Ophelia Davis, Advisor
During a recent monthly meeting of the LCCA, the board members voted to implement the following items for those members who want to borrow the organization’s cattle chute:
- Borrowers will be required to write a $100 check to serve as a deposit for use of the LCCA cattle chute and dropped off at the Lawrence County Extension Office before picking up the chute. The check will be destroyed upon return and successful inspection of the chute to ensure it is clean and in proper working order..
- Those wanting to reserve the cattle chute need to call the extension office (812-275-4623) to check on availability/scheduling conflicts.
- There will be a required 24-hour notice to reserve chute.
- The chute will be housed at: 1356 W Powerline Road, Bedford, IN 47421. This is where borrowers will pick-up and drop-off chute when borrowing.
- Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these new policies.
(Effective as of March 2019)