Welcome to Carroll Co. 4-H - General 4-H Info is shared here. Click here to learn more about:
- How to Join 4-H
- General 4-H Information
- General 4-H Policies
- General Animal Policies
- 4-H Terms
- Important Dates
- Awards and Scholarships
- 4-H Contests
The Indiana 4-H year runs from September 1 - August 31. National 4-H Week is held in October and Indiana 4-H week is held in February. The new statewide 4-H on-line enrollment is Nov. 1 - Jan. 15.
4-H Membership Guidelines:
- Our 4-H program is open to all youth in grades 3 - 12. NOTE:
- Those 4-H’ers that were enrolled in 3rd grade may continue membership for a maximum of ten (10 years).
- Mini 4-H in Carroll County is for youth in second grade.
- 4-H youth are to enroll in at least one project through a 4-H club. There are over 60 projects from which to choose. Members are expected to complete the projects in which they enroll. Projects provide the basis of the 4-H program by offering educational experiences in areas of interest to youth. Carrying out a project will help the 4-H member “Learn to do by doing”. 4-H projects help youth develop project knowledge and skills, as well as, developing life skills from the project activities.
- State 4-H Program Fee of $15 per 4-H member (maximum of $45 per family) is due on-line or to the Extension Office within 2 weeks of enrolling and before receiving 4-H project books.
How to Join 4-H
- Contact the Purdue Extension - Carroll Co. Office - 574-967-3538
- E-mail Joanne Lytton - 4-H Educator - email@example.com
- Enroll on-line - https://www.four-h.purdue.edu/enroll/
- Contact a local 4-H club leader - Find a list of names in the 4-H Club section.
For a complete list of projects (requirements and record sheets), select "Youth" on the top toolbar. Then, look under "4-H Projects - Carroll County".