Do Your Own Thing
This project is open to your imagination. Suggestions include, but are not limited to: Creative Writing, Sports, Dance, Hobbies, Family Vacations, Theatre, Science Fair Projects, and other State 4-H Project that are not currently offered at the county level. This is for exhibits that can NOT be exhibited through any other 4-H project. For information on State 4-H Projects, check out www.four-h.purdue.edu
For project requirements and record sheets, see Related Files below or contact the Extension Office.
For Judging and Check-in information, check the current 4-H Catalog.
1. This project is open to your imagination. Suggestions include, but are not limited to: Creative Writing, Sports,
Dance, Hobbies, Family Vacations, Theatre, Mime, Trains, Science Fair Projects, Tractor or Automobile
Restoration, Inventions, Small Engines, Tractor Poster, Weeds, Strawberries, Soil and Water Conservations,
Crops (Corn, Soybeans, Wheat and Oats), etc.
2. Completed record sheet must be turned in at by the established and posted date.
a. The exhibit should be one that can NOT be exhibited through any other 4-H project. If the judge or project
superintendent determines that the project fits any other area, it will receive a lower ribbon grade.
b. The project can not be a live animal of any kind.
3. Project is organized in three divisions:
a. Beginner (Grades 3-5)
b. Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
c. Advanced (Grades 9-12)
4. Premiums and Grand Champions will be determined by the method stated in the Adams County
4-H Governing Rules under the General Project Rules section.
1. Exhibit a poster (following poster requirements), notebook or display relating to your project.
a. Displays should be no larger than 36” x 36” x 36”.
2. A 4-H member may exhibit a maximum of two (2) “Do Your Own Thing” projects, with only
one (1) entry per category/discipline.