EXHIBIT: This is a list of project activities that can be shown at the Newton County Punkin’ Vine Fair. Pick a project activity you would like to try from the list below. This exhibit can be displayed in various ways such as on a 22” X 28” poster board (see the “4-H Poster and Notebook Requirements” section for more information), scrapbook, project activities, etc.
- Make a project activity as a group and take it to the fair to show the kinds of things your group has been doing.
- Make a scrapbook of pictures showing your group having fun while making the project activities in this manual.
- Visit a lumberyard. Observe the main different types of wood. How is the wood stored? What sounds do you hear? What kinds of smells do you notice? Talk to one of the workers to find out what they do. Draw a picture of what you found out.
- Make a poster with pictures of your group planting a tree.
- Make an art collage out of things collected on a walk in the woods. You can do this by yourself or you can do this as a group mural.
- Go on an alphabet scavenger hunt. Look for things in the forest that begin with each letter of the alphabet. Make an alphabet book using the items you find.
- Make a poster or book showing things people can do to help trees or showing things people use that come from trees.
- Write a story or poem about your favorite tree.