Volunteer with 4-H
Do you want a rewarding and fulfilling way to give back to your community?
Marion County 4-H is looking for consistent and dedicated individuals to serve as 4-H club leaders and helpers, and in other roles within the program. We rely heavily on caring adults to deliver positive youth development experiences to our youth. Whether you are a 4-H newbie or long-time member, we need your time and talents to make a difference in the lives of young people in Marion County!
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Ways to Volunteer
Here are some of the many ways you can share your time as a 4-H volunteer in Marion County:
- Serve as a leader or helper in one of our existing 4-H clubs around Marion County
- Create your own 4-H club and recruit new 4-H’ers from your neighborhood or community to participate
- Help with a specific 4-H project – teach a special skill like carpentry, cake decorating, beekeeping, or whatever you're good at to young people across the county
- Help out at a one-time 4-H event/program
- Help with an afterschool program
- Volunteer on our fair organizing committee
- Serve as a judge for 4-H project exhibits
Contact Us to Get Started on Your 4-H Volunteer Journey
If you’d like to volunteer but aren’t sure which role is right for you, contact us to set up a time to meet and discuss your interests and get matched to a Marion County 4-H volunteer role!Get in Touch
How to Sign Up
All new volunteers must complete an application and screening process and participate in training before becoming an official 4-H volunteer. If you’re ready to sign up as a new 4-H volunteer, follow these steps:
- Create an account using our enrollment management website, 4-H Online, and add yourself as a new volunteer. Follow these instructions for new volunteer enrollment. Select Club Leader as your Volunteer Type, then choose 4-H Adult Project Leaders as your club.
- Complete your online Child Safety Training in 4-H Online when prompted.
- Once you have submitted your enrollment, a Purdue Extension Marion County staff member will be in touch!
If you would prefer to complete a paper application, please download and complete the following forms and submit them to us at email@example.com.
Individuals must annually reaffirm their commitment to serving as 4-H volunteers.
- Follow these instructions for returning adult volunteers to complete your annual volunteer re-enrollment.
Volunteer Training Opportunities
All volunteers are invited to join us for Volunteer Connections, a monthly opportunity for volunteers to get together and talk about their ideas, challenges, and best practices for positive youth development. Volunteer Connections takes place at the Marion County Extension Office on the second Saturday of every month from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
For more information or to RSVP for an upcoming event, contact Ashley.
More Volunteer Resources
- You can find more resources and opportunities for 4-H volunteers on the Indiana 4-H Youth Development Volunteer page.