Consumer & Family Science Scholarship
Sponsored by the Vanderburgh County Extension Homemakers
Qualifications for Eligibility: Applicant must:
- Reside in Vanderburgh County and/or primary activities are in Vanderburgh County.
- Major in Consumer & Family Science or related field in an accredited college or university. Related fields include: Dietitics, Restaurant & Instutitional Management, Interior Design, Fashion Merchandising, Child Development, etc.
- Demonstrate scholastic ability (at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale).
- Complete 12 credit hours or more per semester for renewal of scholarship.
- Possess interpersonal communication skills in a possible interview.
- Participate in community activities such as church, school, etc.
- Disclose financial need (if all other qualifications are equal).
Amount of Scholarship:
- $1,000 per year for 4 years by maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA as a CFS major or related field of study. If GPA falls below 3.0, student will forfeit scholarship for the following year but will be eligible for reinstatement when GPA returns to 3.0.
- Payable upon completion of registration each fall.
- Payable in four consecutive years.
- Complete and sign application (found below).
- Attach a current, official transcript to application.
- Provide three sealed letters of reference with applications. Letters may be from a 4-H leader, an Extension Homemaker member or club, a teacher, school guidance counselor, or other community leader.
- All applications must be received by April 1.
- All application materials must be submitted together and mailed to:
Vanderburgh County Extension Homemakers Association
Cooperative Extension Service
13301 Darmstadt Rd Suite A
Evansville IN 47725-9593