Click on each scholarship name to open the application or they can be found attached below. Contact us at 317-462-1113 if you have any questions or concerns. Please note that each scholarship has their own requirements and due date!
Hancock County Showdown 4-H Scholarship - Due May 14th, 2021
• Five scholarships will be awarded, with the following species being represented: beef, boer goat, horse and pony, sheep and swine. Scholarship amount will be determined from the proceeds raised from the Hancock Co. Showdown Livestock Shows. Participation in the event will ensure larger scholarship amounts.
• Presentations will be made at the Hancock Co. 4-H Fair on Thursday evening, before Supreme Showmanship.
• Applicant must be a senior in high school.
• Applicant must be currently enrolled in the Hancock Co. 4-H program.
• The Showdown Scholarship can only be won once.
• Scholarship must be used towards college/university or technical school education. Scholarship money will be awarded after first semester or equivalent is completed.
• Applicant must have shown beef, horse & pony, sheep or swine at least five years in the Hancock County 4-H Fair during their 4-H career to apply in that specie category. He/she must also show their individual specie the year they are applying for the scholarship.
The application can also be downloaded from Google Drive here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVnchG86mHfJ69W8HC1cY9IIlOUMex_MOmF4dIQTFsA/edit
Friends-4-Jessica Foundation Scholarship - Due June 1st, 2021
This foundation was created in memory of Jessica Barnhart, who was an amazing young lady that touched so many lives with her infectious smile, sweet spirit and courageous attitude. Jessica and her family have always been so grateful and blessed to be part of such a supportive community, so the foundation was designed to be able to give back to individuals in the Hancock County community. Scholarships, awards, gifts & donations will be given to those in need and those who exemplify the characteristics that Jessica demonstrated in her daily life.
Applicant must be:
- A 2021 graduating senior
- A participating member of 4-H in Hancock County
- Accepted to an accredited college, university, or other post-secondary institution
Riley Settergren 10 Year 4-H Scholarship - Due June 1st, 2021
Riley was a Senior at Eastern Hancock and 10 year 4-H member with the Country Kritters 4-H Club. Riley tragically lost his life on July 26, 2017. During the time of the accident Riley was living out one of his passions, getting his pigs ready for an upcoming open show. Riley had such a passion for 4-H and showing his swine and sheep projects. Over the years Riley took on more and more responsibilities, his passion for the projects grew, and he helped as many 4-H members as he could, even if they didn’t ask for help, but just saw the need. He’d help any member who wanted to show, helped clip pigs, sheared lambs, and helped members prepare their animals on show day, he would often assist members showing their animals.
The Keith "Brownie" Brown 4-H Beef Scholarship - Due June 1st, 2021
This scholarship was started by the Brown family in honor of Keith Brown. Keith made a major impact in his community, the Hancock County Cattlemen’s Association, and the Hancock County 4-H program throughout his life. Family, youth programs, and community were very important to Brownie prior to his death in May of 2016.
Extension Homemakers 4-H Scholarship- Due June 1st, 2021
This scholarship will be awarded to a Hancock County, IN 4-Her in his/her 10th year of 4-H. The scholarship will be in the amount of $750.
Peggy Meeks Memorial Scholarship - Due June 1st, 2021
The family of Peggy Meeks established this $500 memorial scholarship to provide educational support for Hancock County 4-H members who are graduating seniors of a Hancock County high school. Applicants must intend to pursue a trade school, Associate Degree, or a four year degree in Consumer and Family Sciences. Applicants must also have a B grade point average and be a member of 4-H with a minimum of four (4) years of participation. Preference shall be given to students who have exhibited exemplified good citizenship.
Greenfield York Rite Scholarship - Due June 1st, 2021
Greenfield York Rite established this 4-H scholarship to provide educational opportunities for Hancock County 4-H members who are graduating seniors of a Hancock County High School, and intend to pursue further educational opportunities following their graduation at a university or college located in Indiana. Such educational pursuit may include, but not limited to the following: trade school, associate degree, 4-year degree program. The applicant must have a 3.0 (out of a possible 4) grade point average and be a member of 4-H with a minimum of 6 (six) years participation.
MSP Seals 4-H Scholarship - Due June 1st, 2021
This scholarship will be awarded to a Hancock County, IN 4-Her in his/her 10th year of 4-H. The scholarship will be in the amount of $200. Scholarship applications should be returned to the Purdue Extension - Hancock County Office and are due on or before June 1st. Along with this application you will need to turn in one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
Jim & Ann McDaniel Scholarship - Due June 15th, 2021
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must have been in the sheep project in Hancock County for at least 5 years
- Must be currently enrolled in sheep project in Hancock County
- Must complete application by deadline
- Deadline for application is June 15, 2021
Applications must be sent to Duane Parker, 7638 North State Road 9, Fortville, IN 46040
4-H Alumni Scholarship - Due August 1st, 2021
This scholarship will be awarded to a 4-Her in his/her 10th year of 4-H. The scholarship will be in the amount of $500. Scholarship applications should be returned to the Purdue Extension - Hancock County Office and are due on or before August 1st. Along with this application you will need to turn in one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
Please Note: We are still waiting on confirmation from a few scholarship sponsors, please check back on this page in the future to see if new applications are available.
Helping Hand Award- Due June 15th, 2021
The helping hand award was created to give young 4-Hers the opportunity to thank 4-Hers, in their senior year of high school, for their help. Criteria includes:
-Senior 4-Her must be nominated by a younger 4-Her
-Cannot be a sibling or relative
-Open to any senior 4-H member
-Nominating member must write a small paragraph saying why you nominated this 4-Her
Award will be presented to winner during the 4-H Fair. Forms must be submitted to Ben Shores at 8242 N 400 E, Greenfield, IN 46140 or firstname.lastname@example.org