SUPERINTENDENT: Andy King 812-320-3081
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
- Choose one of the topics listed below, appropriate for your grade, and use that topic for your exhibit title, so the judges know which activity you completed. You can also use a creative subtitle if you wish.
- List sources for images and information.
- Youth must choose a different activity each year except for the Level 4 Wildlife Management plan, which may be expanded upon in subsequent years.
LEVEL 1: Grades 3 - 5
- A poster related to an activity from the Level 1 manual
- A poster and/or notebook of a wildlife-related science experiment appropriate for grades 3-5
LEVEL 2: Grades 6-8
Present the information, on a poster or in a notebook, from one of the following sections:
- A poster related to an activity from the Level 2 manual
- A poster and/or notebook of a wildlife-related science experiment appropriate for grades 6-8
LEVEL 3: Grades 9-12
- A poster related to an activity from the level 3 manual
- A poster and/or notebook of a wildlife related science experiment appropriate for grades 9-12
- Independent Study -Learn all you can about a wildlife topic, program, facility, project, and present it on a poster or in a notebook. Take care to follow all state and federal guidelines when working with wildlife, with particular care when raising game birds, migratory birds, and endangered species. See the Indiana 4-H Wildlife project website, www.ydae.purdue.edu/natural_resources/4-H,NR,Projects/Projects/wildlife/, for more information. Include a short manuscript, pictures, graphs, and list the works cited to describe what you did and what you learned. Title your poster or notebook, "Advanced Wildlife -Independent Study"
- Mentoring -Exhibit a poster or notebook that shows how you mentored a younger 4-H Include your planning, the time you spent, the challenges and advantages of mentoring, and how the experience might be useful in your life. Photographs and other documentation are encouraged. Title your poster, "Advanced Wildlife -Mentor.
State Fair Entry: One entry for each Level, including Independent Study, may be chosen