Important 4-H Information and Updates
Sharing information specifically addressing state and area 4-H events scheduled through May 17.
- Project Selection Last Date –4HOnline deadline was set as May 15. The deadline has been adjusted to June 1. (Fair Entry deadline is June 15th)
- 4-H Club Meetings, Project Workshops, Council Meetings, Fair Board Meetings, etc. – All face-to-face meetings cancelled through May 17. Consider options to offer program or to meet virtually (e.g., WebEx, Zoom, Google Hangout) or reschedule until a later date.
- Fundraisers (geraniums, pork chop dinners, fish fry, etc.) – The cancellation of all Extension events through May 17 has led to challenges with products previously bought for these events that will spoil (geraniums, pork chops, fish fry, etc.). Purdue Extension is not a proponent of waste. As a result, Purdue Extension and associated affiliates need to sell these items individually in a means that is consistent with social distancing and meeting guidelines.
- Area Livestock and Dairy, Region WHEP CDE – Cancelled and will not be re-scheduled.
- State Horse and Pony, WHEP, Livestock, Poultry CDE – It is our intent to re-schedule these events and use a non-qualifying modified format. More information will be available as plans are finalized.
- State Dairy CDE – This event will continue as planned Wednesday, June 10 at LaPorte County Fairgrounds. This will be a non-qualifying event and will use a modified format. More information will be available as plans are finalized.
- Experience 4-H @ Indy Motor Speedway –Details will be shared once finalized.
- Global Gateway Experience – Re-scheduled for October 9-11 (tentatively).
The state 4-H team has compiled a list of at-home learning opportunities. This list can be found at purdue.ag/4hhomeactivities
If there are any 4-H leaders who are comfortable with technology, you may conduct meetings via zoom, webex, or other avenues. Only all face-face meetings are suspended. If you are having electronic opportunities for your members that you like to share with other clubs, let us know and we can help share.
Stay up to date on all Extension News by visiting our webpage at extension.purdue.edu/laporte and the facebook pages - LaPorte County 4-H – Purdue Extension and Purdue Extension – La Porte County