Members in grades 3 and above may submit a memory book. Starting with a 3-ring binder or other style of memory book, the 4-H member can arrange the contents in any order that he or she likes, but should remember that this is a 4-H memory book.
- A table of contents
- Copy of “Record of Achievement” (current year only).
- Your 4-H story: 1-2 pages summarizing your 4-H year.
- Your 4-H project record sheets and/or judging sheets.
- Awards, ribbons or certificates or photographs of them. Label each with project name and division.
The memory book may also contain the following:
- Newspaper clippings- underline/highlight your name.
- Project pictures- with identifying captions and dates.
- Public relations material- copies of talks given, radio/TV appearances, etc. or pictures, labeled and dated.
- Leadership experiences- a brief explanation of leadership role or pictures, labeled and dated.
- Brief description of school, church, or other activities.
- 4-H correspondence.
- A program book for the past year.
- Brief description/pictures of judging, demonstrations, etc.
- Other personal keepsakes from 4-H activities, such as programs, special invitations, ticket stubs, calendar, etc.