Superintendent: Jim Lanoue 219-866-5970- Assistant: Gary Braasch
- Sheep show order is Hampshire, Cheviot, Crossbred/Commercial, Montadale, Shetland, Katahdin, Suffolk, Southdown, Natural Color, Dorset, Columbia, Shropshire, Tunis, North Country Cheviot, Oxford
- See chart on page 14 of this Insight Book for the 2020 4-H Animal ID Requirements for County ONLY & State Fair, along with deadlines for 4-H Online Enrollment.
- All Check-in and Judging times & dates may be found on the charts on Page 3 of this Insight Book.
- Fair Weigh-In: All sheep must be weighed in on Saturday of the fair from 10:00 am—11:00 am and 3:00 pm—4:00 pm.
- In order to exhibit all livestock species at the Jasper County Fair, the animal(s) must be registered on the 4Honline website by the required deadline.
- All animal class entries must be entered into fairentry.com by July 8.
- ALL completed record sheets and activity sheets must be turned in to the 4‑H Club leader by July 8, and must be securely attached in the green “Indiana 4‑H Club Member's Record Book.”
- If any part of your exhibit is on a poster, it must follow the General Poster Rules. It is REQUIREDthat all posters, notebooks, and display boards include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include website links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as a part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed
- Animals must be weighed in on the designated date, tagged, and RFID tagged for State Fair eligibility.
- In all levels, you may choose to exhibit a live animal, and/or a poster on a topic from the Resource Handbook.
REFERENCE MANUAL: Sheep Resource Handbook Ohio State University (4-H 194R). Each grade will have its own record sheet. Each family will have a shared Reference Manual to keep throughout their 4-H Sheep competition years.
Market Lamb Classes (Will be shown by breed and weight)
Breeding Lamb Classes (for purebred sheep)
- Class 1 - Single Ewe lamb - born between Jan. 1, 2020 and Apr 30, 2020
- Class 2 - Pen of 2 Ewe lambs - born between Jan 1, 2020 and Apr 30, 2020
- Class 3 - Single Fall Ewe lamb - born between Sept 1, 2019 and Dec 31, 2019
Breeding Yearling Ewe Classes (for purebred sheep)
- Class 4 - Single Yearling Ewe - born in 2019
- Class 5 - Pen of 2 Yearlings - born in 2019
- Class 6 – Fall Yearling Ewe – born between Sept 1 and Dec 31, 2018
Commercial Breeding Classes Classes are shown by weight. (Same as Market classes)
Breeding Classes Awards
Breed Champion Ewe & Reserve Champion Champion Pen of Two Ewes & Reserve Champion
Supreme Ewe & Reserve Supreme Supreme Pen of Two Ewes & Reserve Supreme