Junior Leaders are a group of motivated young adults looking to increase their life skills learned within the 4-H program. This program focuses on the development of leadership skills, as well as service learning, community service, and fellowship. Members assist with local club activities, 4-H projects, and county events. The Junior Leader year starts in September and runs through the end of the fair in Jasper County.
The Junior Leadership project is for 7th through 12th graders.
All completed Manuals must be turned in to the Extension Office NO LATER than August 10th.
Junior Leadership Project Leaders:
Anna Williams 219-866-5741
- Member must be in 7th grade or above
- Member must enroll in and complete at least one other project during the current year
- Member must be an active member of a local club during the current year
Completion Requirements - (Check Jr. Leader Manual for up-to-date requirements)
- Actively participate in local club meetings
- Complete five local club leadership activities
- Attend at least four county Junior Leader meetings
- Assist with at least seven county, area, state or national activities **waived for 2020 completion**
- Complete and turn in manual by August 10th