Many projects have a poster option. Here is a video demonstration of how to put a 4-H poster together.
There are very specific rules about the size and shape of the poster.
- All posters must be 22 x 28 inches (displayed horizontally) and have a hard backing (foam board, paneling, plywood, etc. are acceptable backings). Please note: Foam board may not be sold in the appropriate size. Measure foam board before using.
- All posters must be covered with clear plastic to protect them from dirt, etc. Plastic may be removed if the judge so desires.
- Poster board may be white or any color. (Mat board requires hard backing.)
- Displayed Horizontal – 28”, Vertical – 22”.
- Frames are not encouraged, and if used must not exceed size requirements (22” x 28”).
- A small information label approximately 2” x 3” should be located in the lower right hand corner of the poster under the plastic.
- Information label should include: name and club (unless specified otherwise in your project manual). Boards used as part of a larger exhibit are not considered posters. Fair Exhibit Tag should be placed on the outside of the plastic on the front of the poster. *Indicates Fair Exhibit Tag. This is a separate tag (available from your leader or at the Extension Office).
The Extension Office sells poster sleeves for $1 to cover the poster.