1 hr 30 min
1 hr 50 min
2 sticks butter (1 1/2 cups), softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups Gold Medal All Purpose Flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon dried lavender
1. Beat butter until fluffy in mixer on medium-high. Add powdered sugar slowly and beat until well blended.
2. Add Gold Medal Flour and salt, mixing until just combined.
3. By hand, stir in zest and lavender.
4. Chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
5. On a pastry cloth, spread granulated sugar for rolling the dough. Sprinkle top of dough with more sugar. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with any cookie cutter you wish. Dip cutter in granulated sugar for easier release. Place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove from cookie sheet to cool completely.
Optional: Combine to taste and create a light drizzle, small portions of powdered sugar, milk, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Place in small plastic bag. Snip end and drizzle across your cookies.