Project is eligible for State Fair
Fashion revue provides an opportunity for youth to model the outfit constructed in the 4-H sewing project. All articles modeled in Fashion Revue must have been constructed by the 4-H member modeling that same garment or outfit.
State fair fashion revue is limited to youth in grades 8-12. Youth qualifying to exhibit the same garment or outfit in Indiana State Fair Sewing and Fashion Revue must choose which project they wish to participate as one cannot exhibit the same garment or outfit in both projects at state fair.
Owen County Purdue Extension Office
180 S Washington Street
Spencer, IN 47460
(812) 829 - 5020
Definition of An Outfit: An outfit is a garment or garments that when put together make a complete look - such as one- or two-piece dress, or one- or two-piece pant suit, or a three-piece combination, such as pants, vest, blouse or shirt.
Fashion Revue Guidelines
Grades 3-7 Fashion Revue:
• Youth are able to model their sewn garments following their grade’s Sewing Wearable guidelines. See “Sewing” on accordion drop down.
Grades 8-12 Fashion Revue categories are:
• Informal or Casual Wear: A complete outfit of 1 or 2 pieces suitable for school, weekend, or casual, informal activities.
• Dress Up: This is suitable for special, church, or social occasions that are not considered to be formal. It may be an outfit of one or more pieces with or without its own costume coat or jacket (lined or unlined). This is not an outfit that would be worn to school, weekend, or casual, informal activities.
• Free Choice: A complete outfit comprised of garments that do not fit in the other classifications.
Examples include: tennis wear, swim wear, athletic or sportswear, lounge wear, riding habits, historic, dance, theatrical, or international costumes, capes, and unlined coats.
• Suit or Coat: The suit consists of two pieces including a skirt or pants and its own lined jacket. It is not a dress with jacket as in "dress up wear". The coat is a separate lined coat. It will be
judged separately as a coat with its own accessories.
• Separates: Consists of three garments that must be worn as a coordinated complete outfit. Each piece should be versatile enough to be worn with other garments.
• Formal Wear: This outfit may be one or more pieces suitable for any formal occasion, such as proms, weddings, and formal evening functions.
State Fair - Wearable: Elastic waist shorts, pants OR skirt with fold over casing; no pockets or similar sewn clothing article made to be worn by the 4-H member or another person. Attach Sewing Skills Card (4-H 925c-W) to the exhibit.