Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is an annually required training for all youth that plan to exhibit beef, dairy, dairy beef (including dairy feeder steers), dairy goats, meat goats, poultry, rabbits, sheep, and swine at the Montgomery County 4-H Fair and/or Indiana State Fair. This training teaches youth about animal well-being, food safety, and life skills. Failure to complete the training by Thursday, July 14th will result in youth not being eligible to exhibit at the Montgomery County 4-H Fair.
All in-person trainings last 1 hour and the cost is $3.00. However, thanks to a sponsorship from Tipmont REMC, we do have $3.00 coupon codes available to 4-H member’s and this will make the cost of in-person trainings free! Enroll for these trainings at yqcaprogram.org.
Dates/times/location for all trainings are:
- Monday, April 18th at 6:00 pm (4-H Building)
- Tuesday, May 17th at 6:00 pm (Exhibit Hall)
- Monday, June 13th at 12:00 pm (4-H Building)
- Tuesday, June 28th at 6:00 pm (Exhibit Hall)
- Wednesday, July 6th at 6:00 pm (Exhibit Hall)
- Monday, July 11th at 12:00 pm (Exhibit Hall)