Hancock county Master Gardener class
Hancock County - EMG class
Please learn more about the statewide virtual class here. Hancock County will have our County Connection on Tuesday evenings (6:00pm – 6:30pm and 8:30pm – 9:00pm), at the Purdue Extension Hancock County Office, 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the statewide broadcast, or you can join us online, but attendance is mandatory either way. Master Gardener 2024 Spring class Hancock County, get the application to send us here (opens a new window).
Join Virtually on Tuesday nights from the comfort of your home
972 E. Park Avenue
Greenfield, IN 46140
Thank you for your interest in our next Extension Master Gardener spring class. Find the steps to apply for the class here:
Our state has developed a virtual EMG class agenda in the flyer (opens new window), the class topics may be switched up when finalized, but the dates are the same. Please see all the information on the time, dates, duration, and cost of the class for one or two people in this attachment as well (opens a new window). The Purdue Extension Master Gardener Program Policy Guide (opens new window) gives an overview of the entire program and may answer questions you might have.
I would ask that you:
- Review the Purdue Extension Master Gardener Program Policy Guide: Purdue EMG Program Policy Guide
- Read the EMG Basic Training Cover Letter to learn about the refund policy for this class and other information for this class.
- Read, sign and return Form EMG-1 Application and Agreement (opens a new window), either by email or drop it off at the office.
- Show evidence of a government-issued photo ID (allow us to see your driver's license to verify your identity). Then, you can come to the office, Skype, zoom, or Facetime us at the office. Bobbie, my assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org will work with you to make this appointment to see your face with the ID.
- We will send you the CVENT link to pay registration online when we reach the minimum number of students for the class.
- The state EMG coordinator, John Orick, will send you the WebEx link to start your first class on February 6, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Eastern (each class will have attendance taken and are mandatory to the learning process).
- Our County Connection will meet in person at our office (address below) and on Zoom (will be available) to talk about the week's lesson for 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the state meeting, starting on Tuesday, February 6, at 6:00 pm- 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm – 9:00 pm. We will watch the state-wide virtual meeting together in person. If you join from home, you will participate on your own from John's link he sends every week. Meeting in person (or virtually) for county connection is how we will build community, get to know each other, and discuss the material we are learning weekly. Attendance will also be taken at these meetings and is required to pass the class.
If you have questions or concerns about ANY part of what we ask of you…please let me know.
For planning, we would ask that you address the top 4 items above as soon as you can, as the sign-up deadline is January 15, 2024, 11:59 pm (EST), and if we do not meet the minimum participants, we will not be able to have a class in Hancock County.
The Purdue Extension office is located at 972 E. Park Ave in Greenfield, Indiana; we are open M-F, 8 am-4 pm, and located just north of the Hancock County 4-H Fairgrounds. Thank you!
Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator
972 E. Park Ave.
Greenfield, IN 46140
o: 317-462-1113 f: 317-462-2424
Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity university.