Rosie Lerner, Purdue Extension Consumer Horticulture specialist, shares her vegetable gardening tips for beginner gardeners in this short video. She also explains how to properly plant, water and thin seedlings in this video.
Lerner advises gardeners to:
- Start small
- Select a site that gets a minimum of six hours direct daylight daily
- Avoid areas with trees and shrubs
- Choose well-drained soil
- If you've never planted before, consider testing your soil.
- Plant cool-season crops now
- Plant warm-season crops after Sunday, May 10
For more gardening tips, visit the Purdue Consumer Horticulture website.