General 4-H Volunteer Information
Now is the to renew your status for the 2020 4-H program year! This renewal will be in effect through Fall, 2020. It is preferred that all volunteers complete this renewal process through 4HOnline at in.4honline.com There is a paper version available in the Purdue Extension Office Starke County to complete the reenrollment process. This process needs to be completed no later than January 15, 2020. Instructions are available at the bottom of this page.
Youth Safety and Minor Reporting Training
ALL Purdue Extension Staff and volunteers are to complete a training on Youth Safety and Reporting Child Abuse. 4-H Volunteers are to complete this training every two years.
4-H Volunteers have two options
- Option A: Complete the training via 4HOnline and Qualtrics. Follow guidelines provided in the enclosed document “Instructions for Completing the Youth Safety and Reporting Child Abuse Volunteer Training via Qualtrics.” The online training will take approximately 15-20 minutes. The website is in.4honline.com or puext.in/VolTrain19_20
- Option B: Complete a face-to-face training with me then complete the 11 question “Operating Procedures for Programs Involving Minors Training Quiz.” Successful completion is a score of 100%.
Reminders have been sent to those who have not completed the training by the requested date.
4-H Livestock Committee Meeting: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 @ 7:00 pm, Extension Office.
Information was mailed to 4-H Club Leaders about year-end financial documents and events. Please complete and return to the Extension Office by Friday January 24th. The letter and other documents can be found at the bottom of this page.
4-H Club Leader Officers
Congratulations to the newly elected 2019 4-H Club Leader Officer Team:
- President: Beverly Albright
- Vice-President: Sharon Richie
- Secretary: Amie Minix
- Council Rep: Mandy Peters
4-H Club Leader Meetings
- Thursday, January 23rd at 6:00 p.m. in the Purdue Extension Starke County Office; agenda items TBD
- Information about the annual 990 electronic form will be mailed February 2020 and will be available at the bottom of the page.
- Don't forget to complete your Volunteer Interest Form and 4-H Club meeting dates and return to Julia at the Extension Office by January 15th! A copy is at the bottom of the page.