The annual LaPorte-Porter 4-H Camp will be held June 6th-8th at Camp Mack on the shores of Lake Waubee in Milford, Indiana! This regional leadership opportunity will allow you to sharpen your communication, teamwork, leadership, and more! Counselors take on much responsibility as they participate in planning, implementing, and directing camp activities.
Responsible 4-H members in eighth grade and above are encouraged to apply for a leadership position as a 4-H Camp Counselor. The required criteria of camp counselors are as follows:
- Counselors will be available for the LaPorte-Porter 4-H Camp on the afternoon of June 5th through the conclusion of camp on June 8th.
- Counselors will attend 100% of Camp Counselor Training sessions scheduled for February 8th, March 24th, April 10th, May 17th, and May 20th.
- Counselors will receive one excused absence with a note from their coach, teacher, employer, etc. on why they couldn’t attend. There will be no other exceptions and you must notify your Extension Educator in advance of the absence.
- If you need us to send a note to or speak with your coach, teacher, employer, etc. about the importance of your participation in these training sessions, we are happy to do so.
- Dates are given in advance to request off work or make other arrangements accordingly.
- NEW FOR 2018: Each counselor will seek out a minimum of $50 in sponsorships to help relieve the costs of camp and budget constraints. (Please do not let this criterion deter you from applying. We will help you learn how to clearly communicate programming needs to potential supporters.)
The application and recommendation form from a 4-H volunteer is due to your County Extension Office by Friday, January 5th, 2018. Applicants will be notified before the end of January as to whether or not they have been selected to serve as counselors.
Counselor application is available for download below and is due in your county Extension Office by January 5th.