To download and edit one of the excel spreadsheets, click on the option below. When the new page opens click on "File" in the top, left-hand corner, and then select "Download a Snapshot."
- Pedigree Charts 1-21 (Excel - color)
- Pedigree Charts 1-21 (Excel - b&w)
- Pedigree Charts 1-21 (pdf)
- My Family Tree Cover Sheet (pdf)
- My Family Tree Cover Sheet (Excel)
- Information Worksheets (Excel - color)
- Information Worksheets (Excel - b&w)
- Information Worksheets (pdf - color)
- Information Worksheets (pdf - b&w)
- Family Group Sheets (Excel - color)
- Family Group Sheets (Excel - b&w)
- Family Group Sheets (pdf)
- Diary of My Work (Excel - color)
- Diary of My Work (Excel - b&w)
- Diary of My Work (pdf)
- Genealogy Research Checklist
Indiana Historical Society Suggested Genealogy Research Resources
- Cyndi’s List is also a great website to explore when starting out in Genealogy, whether specific to Indiana or not. It’s a pretty extensive website. Just jump on and explore.
- Family Search
- Home page: https://familysearch.org/
- Record Search: https://familysearch.org/search
- Wiki: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Main_Page - If you’re newer to genealogy, definitely look through the Wiki for the location you’re going to be researching in. The Step by Step for that state can be super helpful with dates for Vital Record releases and many other tips and tricks.
- Home page: https://www.ancestry.com/ - This is to sign up for a subscription.
- Accessing the Library Edition of Ancestry.com has to be at a location that pays for that type of subscription. Check out if your local public library has access, many do. You can look them up online or call to ask if they offer that service or any other genealogy database access. You also have to sign on to their computers to use that service. You can travel with your devices, like laptop or tablet, just know your searching has to be done on their computers. It might be a good idea to travel with a flash drive to save those records you find so you can easily add them to your device and digital records.