The 4-H Llama Project (Llama & Alpacas) provides youth a fun and hands-on learning experience that develops life skills, as well as teaches valuable information about properly caring for their animal. An important objective of this project is for the 4-H member to experience the pride of owning / leasing a Llama or alpaca, gaining it's trust and being responsible for its care. The 4-H project books are organized into the following five subjects:
- Know Your Llama: History, Background, and Characteristics;
- Anatomy: Structure / Conformation, Fiber, and Parts;
- Health, Maintenance and Facilities;
- Training and Showing;
- Use, Marketing, and Careers.
Youth also have the opportunity to develop responsibility, decision-making, nurturing, and communication skills through active participation in the 4-H Llama Project. In addition to owning / leasing a Llama or alpaca, 4-H members can also participate in the Llama Poster project and the Llama Craft projects.
Important documents can be found at the bottom of this page underneath "Related Files".
Important Project Dates:
May 15, 2021 Deadline to enroll Llama/Alpaca through v2.4honline.com
May 15, 2021 Deadline to turn in Livestock Location Forms and Lease Forms to Extension Office
Open May, 2021 There are various deadlines with various fees based on when you enroll your animals through the Indiana State Fair Entry system. State Fair Entry website: click here
- Each 4-H member will be required to complete three activities in their project manual.
- Each member must complete and submit a Llama/Alpaca record sheet due at close of animal check-in time as listed in the 4-H fair catalog.
- Grade is based on the grade you were in when you enrolled in 4-H for the 2021 year.
- If you exhibit an animal poster project you need to complete the General 4-H Record Sheet and turn it in at judging check-in in order to have your poster judged. This is required even if you plan to exhibit an animal in that project at the county fair.
2021 Llama Enrollment Documents